RBKweb
 OM RBKweb
 ANNONSEINFORMASJON
 RSS-KANAL
 ARKIV
 TA KONTAKT
SØK I ARTIKLER
Debattforum

Alle kan lese innleggene, men man må registrere seg for å delta aktivt i diskusjonene.
Everyone can read the posts, but you have to register before writing your own posts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatistikkStatistikk   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Holmar Eyjolfsson
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Israelmedia
Junior

PostPosted: 21.12.2016 10:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone, cheers from Israel!
I'm a sports journalist and writing an article about Holmar Ajyolffson, who will probably land tonight in Israel and sign for Maccabi Haifa.

maybe I can chat with some of you, Rosenborg fans, in particullary, so you will help me with some information about him?

appraciate that a lot, thanks!
OrionPax
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 21.12.2016 10:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably the best thing to do would go to the English forum and ask there, we may not have anything of value to say but we'll give it a shot. Wink
Israelmedia
Junior

PostPosted: 21.12.2016 10:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent you a PM. thanks Smile
Henri
Legende

PostPosted: 21.12.2016 10:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my view he is a typical Scandinavian/British type of central defender: Decent in the air, decent tackling skills, decent positioning and tactical skills, while his technical skills are not that good. He has for the most part been solid in the Norwegian league, but he has struggled a bit in the European competitions. I don't know much about Maccabi Haifa, but I believe that the Israeli league is better than the Norwegian league so I think he has to improve to be a good signing for Haifa.
Israelmedia
Junior

PostPosted: 21.12.2016 10:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be honest, Im not sure Haifa is better than Rosenborg.. they are very similar, and in 2004 Rosenborg won Haifa in Champions League qualifications after extra time haha Very Happy

anyway - its not wierd / suprising that Ayjoloffson is moving to Israel and not to a big league, as he had an offer from Real Betis?
Henri
Legende

PostPosted: 21.12.2016 10:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that Haifa and Rosenborg are probably at the same level, but the Isreali league is better than the Norwegian league.

The offer from Betis came very late in the previous transfer window and Rosenborg rejected it. I guess there are no other bids at the moment and Rosenborg want to sell now since his contract expires in one year.
Israelmedia
Junior

PostPosted: 21.12.2016 10:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read here in this topic, that not all the fans agree with each other... some thinks he is your best stopper and has to stay, others happy with his leaving and thinks he is not a strating line up defender.

what do you think? and generally - he is a starting lineup player or a sub? thanks!

Last edited by Israelmedia on 21.12.2016 10:53; edited 2 times in total
haavarl
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 21.12.2016 10:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haifa is currently ranked below Rosenborg on the UEFA Team Ranking, and the league in Israel doesn't really have any high ranking teams. So possibly Israel is about on par with Norway, or a wee bit better. I suspect the wages are higher, so that - and the climate - attracts more high quality players. Our forward Rade Prica went to Maccabi Tel-Aviv in 2013 because we couldn't offer him good enough economical terms to continue.

As for Eyolfsson, - he never made it to the Iceland national side, which did an outstanding job this summer. However, he's been a steady defender for us. And as you say, Betis tried to buy him earlier.

Eyolfsson has been a regular player in our starting 11 this season, only warming the bench a couple of times due to rotation, in early cup games, and so forth. Eyolfsson / Reginiussen have been our main center defense.

Since his contract soon expires and he hasn't wanted to sign a longer contract, and he also has signalled that he'd like to try a different league, it's fair enough to see him go. The price tag is reasonable. I think many will rank him 7 or 8 on a scale to 10 (Norwegian, not top European scale). We wouldn't mind him staying, but we're not desperate to keep him.
Israelmedia
Junior

PostPosted: 21.12.2016 10:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rade Prica was a big success in Israel!
by the way, Ayjoloffson's salary will be around 300k euros per a year. how much did he get in Rosenborg?
haavarl
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 21.12.2016 11:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should work some on Icelandic names Smile

Hólmar Örn Eyjólfsson

"Örn" means Eagle, and "Eyólfsson" means "son of Eyólf".

Hard so say about wages. Somewhere between 150 and 250 k euros?
Israelmedia
Junior

PostPosted: 21.12.2016 11:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha sorry for my mistakes... thats a pretty difficult name for israelies Smile

by the way, Haifa manger is Tor-Kristian Karlsen from Norway. what do you think about him? and in Israel said that if he is brings a player from RBK, he is probably very good one because Tor is from Norway.
he has any connections with RBK ?
haavarl
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 21.12.2016 11:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karlsen, being familiar with Norwegian football in general, knows Rosenborg really well, though not intimately. Our fans recently wanted Karlsen as Sports Director, but the club board didn't go for him.
Zorac
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 21.12.2016 11:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was linked to the position as director of sports a couple of years ago, but RBK chose another candidate. It's safe to say that Karlsen knows Norwegian football well. He's norwegian himself ofcourse, and he has worked in a similar position at the one he's got now in Haifa in the norwegian club Fredrikstad.

My impression is that Karlsen is highly skilled an talented in scouting and negotiating, which his track record also supports.
Aristoteles
Veteran

PostPosted: 21.12.2016 11:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion he is our best stopper and has performed very good for us. I am sure he will do a great job for you. With his contract expiring I think most are happy to get paid rather than he leaves for free. The salary is better playing for you, which I presume is the main reason for him wanting to come to you.
Israelmedia
Junior

PostPosted: 21.12.2016 11:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for helping guys! here in Israel, Maccabi Haifa fans also like TKK very much and trust him.

about Holmar - I kmow he made some stupid penalties in Europa League. did he got criticized by the fans/team/media after that?

and another question - I heard he had some problems with his baby who was born in Norway. what is the story over there? thanks again!
Henri
Legende

PostPosted: 21.12.2016 11:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

haavarl wrote:
Haifa is currently ranked below Rosenborg on the UEFA Team Ranking, and the league in Israel doesn't really have any high ranking teams. So possibly Israel is about on par with Norway, or a wee bit better.

Well, maybe so, but there are two Israeli teams in EL this season, Maccabi Tel Aviv finished third in their group with 7 points, while Hapoel Be'er Sheva finished second with 8 points, knocking out Southampton and Inter. Maccabi Tel Aviv participated in the CL last season (but lost all matches).
Israelmedia
Junior

PostPosted: 21.12.2016 11:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup. Israeli football is improving those years!
does anyone can tell me the complete story about Holmar's baby who was about to die and now safe thanks god?
Hedning
Legende

PostPosted: 21.12.2016 11:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

She was born with 1/4 of the blood of normal babies, and had blood transfusions. She is fine now. I don't think god had anything to do with it, we have pretty good healthcare in Norway.
Israelmedia
Junior

PostPosted: 21.12.2016 12:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for helping again!!! appraciate that!
Mustrum Ridcully
Legende

PostPosted: 21.12.2016 13:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klev Very Happy
gollumLAD legend
Veteran

PostPosted: 23.12.2016 10:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

He got a very big winning mentality and that is the most important thing that I will miss. As a defender he is decent, nothing more than that. Good riddance. And for the record, he should go to a country that don't do genocide of innocent people.
Anti Håkon Jørgensen
ULB
#JeSuisMessi
RÃ¥nny wrote:
JanneB har talt.
Ta dere en bolle og feir sølvet!

Rabona
http://www.rbkweb.no/foru...74#1002174
Kamerat Ola
Veteran

PostPosted: 23.12.2016 10:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

gollumLAD legend wrote:
And for the record, he should go to a country that don't do genocide of innocent people.

Agree 100%. I honestly wish we had a policy to boycott/not do business with Israaeli clubs, but thats unlikely.
Green Apes
Proff

PostPosted: 23.12.2016 12:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I want to say about the last two comments, you guys know nothing about life, all you do is sit on your ass and read/watch the news from your lefty media which probably ate your brains.
Any normal person with decent mind could already know whats going on in the Middle East, whos the good side and who are (!) the bad side.
You have no idea how much we are suffering in Israel for those palestinians just so one day we can make a peace agreement with them but all they really want is to kill, and that's worldwide!!! (Paris,Berlin etc...) really how can you be so blind???

On topic, he signed today for 4.5 years, to me he sounds like a good player with great mentality, but is he really a sort of player that can make the difference for a top league team in the battles for the title?

Last edited by Green Apes on 23.12.2016 15:59; edited 1 time in total
Clasiker
Rutinert

PostPosted: 23.12.2016 12:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

When some football friends from Israel (or anywhere else in the World for that matter) come to the forum to discuss football, I really, really would like all political or semi-political voices to shut up!

Then didnt bring up the topic any they dont have to answer for the leaders of their country.

The comments are solely provocative and off-topic.

Lets rather be proud that we have a bunch of international footballfans that spend some of their time here on rbkweb!
burreh
Junior

PostPosted: 23.12.2016 12:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could talk politics in a forum were politics are discussed, and I hope that the admin of this page will agree with me.

For the record, the Isreal/Palestine discussion is highly diveded in Norway.

Congrats on a good player to your team.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> English forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Utviklet av phpBB. Tilrettelagt for RBKweb.

ANNONSE
SITATET
© 1999-2024 RBKweb